Feb 7, 2008

ARTIST OF THE WEEK

Looking thru my old CDs and Audio files, I was thinking about what influenced me as a young musician
Living in Chicago the last 15 years molded my tastes forever.....The mid 90’s were an exciting time musically. Styles were on their first laps, so to speak, Punk had spawned so many sub-genres and scenes .
I was a Huge fan of this band...


THE JESUS LIZARD, Who represents the Prototype 90’s Chicago Sound ..PERIOD, They effected so many, with those bombastic, driving Drum lines locked tightly with David Sims and his perfect post-punk snarly bass tone. Duane Denison painted over all that beautifully with a Tasty display of angry chords in a quazi-surf tone, very original and powerful …Lastly who can ever forget the unforgettable David Yow and his live performances. He was Like watching different Car Crash over and over again for 60 minutes leaving you slack jawed and sweaty…..more Later from the way back Machine

No comments: