Apr 17, 2008

Lucky Bastard of the Week

Wednesday April 17th 6pm…
I was cruisin home after work on the path…
The sun was finally out, 70 degrees..soft peddlin with the wind at my back..
After a long winter, everything was beautiful…
until .....a jogger decided without looking to do a U-turn directly into me..
I had about a milli-second to scream, try to dodge and brace for impact..
Instincts took over from all the collision sports I played as a youth..
I hit him with my right shoulder and did a full flip, slid and was on my feet before my bike stopped skidding sadly on the pavement..
I picked my bike up, moved it out of the path and asked the fella I collided with if he was ok ?
After he picked himself up and said.."yeah ...I think so” I wanted to scream, but thought better of it since me blasting him like Ronnie Lott was more powerful than anything I could say....and by the look on my face and the condition of my bike he began to apologize....I said.."I’m just glad we’re OK, s#@t happens and turn down your I-pod"…
I then began to take inventory of my bike, an exploded tube, which I changed and a front rim that needs some love, bent hoods, their both aiming left and cracked....I slowly rolled home like a circus clown with a wobbly front rim in complete disbelief of how Lucky I was to come away with only a sore shoulder,back and a couple little scratches....

No comments: